The Openpay & GameDay Sports Coummunity Fund
Terms & Conditions
May – June, 2021
Back to Sports Community Fund Page
1. Promotion Name.
The Openpay & GameDay Sports Community Fund (Sports Community Fund)
2. Promotion Type.
Openpay Pty Ltd ABN 20 159 699 126 of 9/469 La Trobe St, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
4. Relevant State(s) and/or Territory(ies).
National (VIC, NSW, QLD, NSW/ ACT, TAS, WA, NT).
5. Selected Businesses
GameDay and Openpay affiliated sporting organisations.
6. Entry Restrictions.
To be eligible for a Sports Community Fund Grant, the applicant must be a sporting organisation in Australia who has signed up to a GameDay service or membership, and an active merchant offering Openpay to their sporting members. An active Openpay merchant is defined as a merchant who has transacted one (1) new plan in the last twelve (12) months.
7. Promotion Period.
The Sports Community Fund opens at 09:00 AEST Wednesday 12 May, 2021 and closes at 6:00pm AEST Wednesday 30 June, 2021. No applications will be accepted outside of the promotion period.
8. Verification Requirements.
All successful recipients must produce a proof of membership to a GameDay service, and proof of a new Openpay plan transacted prior to the submission of the Grant application to validate their entry.
9. Entry Procedure.
To enter, applicants must:
- be affiliated or an authorised representative of a sporting organisation in Australia
- have signed up or already use GameDay’s services
- have activated Openpay as a payment option for sporting members, and transacted one (1) new plan in the last 12 months
- complete the Grant application webform, including the provision of the sporting organisation’s name address, and telephone; the key contact name, email and identify how the sporting organisation plans to use the $250 AUD grant.
- commit to spending the Community Grant before the end of the current sporting season when the grant is received
- submit a Proof of Post, within the first three (3) months of the grant being used for promotional activity.
10. Maximum Number of Entries.
One (1) Sports Community Fund Grant per Sporting Organisation applies
11. Judging Criteria.
Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, and ability to promote the Sporting Organisation’s commitment to a healthy lifestyle for all ages, or ability to promote the partnership with Openpay and/ or GameDay.
11a. Judging Details.
Date: every Monday, until Monday 5 July, 2021
Time: By 4pm AEST
Location: Openpay, Level 9, 469 La Trobe St, Melbourne, VIC 3000
Publication Date: COB Friday every week
12. Prize Details.
Prize: 1 x Prepaid Mastercard Gift Card
No. Available: 200
Value: $250 AUD
12a. Prize Restrictions.
Prize subject to the terms and conditions imposed by Mastercard may apply.
12b. Total Prize Pool.
Up to $50,000 AUD (inc. GST)
13. Notification of Winners.
Winners will be notified by mail and telephone listed on the Grant Application form.
14. Publication Details.
Successful Grant recipients will be published on the Openpay website, www.openpay.com.au/legal, by COB every Tuesday until 6 July, 2021.
15. Prize Claim Date.
By COB Wednesday 6 October, 2021.
16. Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date or is deemed invalid in accordance with the Conditions of Entry, a further draw shall take place.
Date: Thursday 7 October, 2021.
Time: 11:00am AEST.
Location: Openpay, Level 9, 469 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
Publication date: Unclaimed prize winners will be notified via Email & phone no later than 2 business days after draw.
The winners of all unclaimed prizes will be published on www.openpay.com.au/legal, no later than 7 days after draw.
17. Additional terms – Entrants.
Entry is open to individuals who own a Selected Business or Sporting Organisation in the Relevant State(s) and/or Territory(ies) and who meet the Entry Restrictions. If ownership of a Selected Business or Sporting Organisation changes during the Promotion Period, only the new owner will be eligible to enter the Promotion. Where a Selected Business or Sporting Organisation is owned by a company or other legal entity, entry is open to a nominated representative of that entity (eg, a nominated shareholder or partner) who meets the entry criteria specified in this paragraph.
18. Additional terms – Mechanics.
Entrants release Facebook, LinkedIn, In and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion and acknowledge that:
- the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Linked In and associated companies;
- any information provided by the entrant in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook, Linked In and associated companies; and
- any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook, Linked In and associated companies.
19. Additional terms – Grants.
The Promoter is not liable for the product being lost, stolen, forged, damaged, defective or tampered with in any way once awarded.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any defect associated with the Grants, as well as any personal injury or death sustained by any person in connection with the use of the Grant. The Promoter makes no warranty in respect of the quality, merchantability or safety of the Grant. By entering into the Promotion and, if chosen as the Winner, claiming the Grant, the entrant acknowledges these Additional Terms and agrees that its use of the Grant is at the entrant’s own risk.
All prepaid Mastercard giftcards awarded are valid until the gift card expiry date specified on the gift card or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. The Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way once awarded.
20. Additional terms – Privacy.
In addition to the privacy term set out in the Conditions of Entry, if the entrant has submitted a Grant application form, the Promoter may also use the entrant’s personal information to provide information about the Promoter’s products and services (including via post, phone, email and SMS), and may disclose the information to the Promoter’s partners, its related bodies corporate, and agencies and contractors (including call centres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Promoter engages for that purpose.The entrant can advise the Promoter at any time if they no longer wish to receive this information, by contacting the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Promoter may continue to provide the entrant with this information for an indefinite period unless and until advised otherwise by the entrant. for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way once awarded.
20. Additional terms – Privacy.
- Instructions and information on how to enter form part of these Conditions of Entry. Participation in this Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry (and Schedule).
- Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise.
- Directors, management, employees and contractors of the Promoter and those of any agencies, retailers and suppliers associated with this promotion and the immediate family members of these people are ineligible to enter. “Immediate family member” means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manger, employee, officer or contractor.
- The promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
- Eligibility to enter the Promotion is subject to the Entry Restrictions.
- To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure and comply with all other applicable requirements during the Promotion Period. Entries must be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted in any other form. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible/inaudible entries (including lost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry or things required by the Verification Requirements). The Promoter and/or its representatives may conduct security and/or verification checks (including enforcement of the Verification Requirements) in their absolute discretion to determine the bona fides of an entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion. Ineligible entries will be deemed to be invalid. All valid entries selected to win a prize will be provided with a prize.
- Where an entry is deemed invalid (at the Promoter’s absolute discretion) prior to the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter may determine a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
- The Promoter’s decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entries and the content contained in those entries become the property of the Promoter. Once submitted, no changes to or withdrawal of an entry will be permitted. Entries will not be returned by the Promoter.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
- Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion.
- Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
- An entrant’s entry must not include:
– any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
– any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
– any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
- The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
- By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant assigns all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
- Entries must be received by the Promoter and will be deemed to have been received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Online, SMS and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- Winners will be notified in accordance with the Notification of Winners and Publication Details. Winners’ names and State/Territory of residence will be published as specified in the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the name and State/Territory of the winners on their website(s).
- All entries become the property of the Promoter. In addition to the above, the Promoter may use, and may disclose in any newspaper, advertisement, publication, media statement or other general and promotional material, any materials entrants provide in relation to the competition for the Promoter’s promotional and business purposes.
- All valid entries will be judged by the Judge(s) based upon the Judging Criteria. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Prize(s) will be awarded according to the Prize Details.
- The Prize(s) is/are specified in the Prize Details. The Prize(s) is/are subject to any Prize Restrictions, Additional Terms or any other restrictions specified in the Schedule. The Total Prize Pool is specified in the Schedule.
- The entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the Prize(s). Any entrant, Prize winner and/or participants in a Promotion event may be required to sign an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability for participation in the Promotion or a Prize event and to expressly acknowledge that entry into this Promotion or participation in a Promotion event or Prize may be inherently dangerous, and that if they choose to participate they will do so at their own risk. A reasonable level of health and fitness may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to preclude participation of anyone refusing to sign the acknowledgement/waiver or any person who is suffering from asthma, epilepsy, significant back or neck problems, physical or mental disabilities, or is pregnant or in the Promoter’s sole discretion is not able or suitable to participate in any of the experiences for reasons of the participant’s own or anyone else’s safety.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the Prize(s) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).
- The Prize(s) and/or parts of the Prize(s) is/are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless the Prize is cash). If a Prize, or an element of a Prize, is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value for that prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of any relevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise, injury or damage to entries ot to participants’ or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competition subject to approval from any relevant authority.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify all entries from any entrant who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with, the entry process or the Promotion. Entrants can enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Entries must be submitted separately and each entry must individually meet the Entry Requirements and be subject to the Entry Restrictions. Automatically- or computer-generated entries will not be accepted.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and/or prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion or a prize event/activity if the entrant:
– disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any of these things to the Promoter, another entrant or potential entrant of, or anyone else associated with, this Promotion; or
– engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion which is misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter’s goodwill or reputation.
- The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion will not be liable for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable by law).