News
30th September 2022

Openpay wins Canstar Outstanding Value – Buy Now Pay Later Award 2022

We are proud to announce that Australia’s biggest financial comparison site, Canstar, has awarded Openpay an Outstanding Value – Buy Now Pay Later Award for 2022.

Canstar’s expert researchers analysed 13 BNPL providers across various aspects of price, service and consumer protection, using a sophisticated and unique ratings methodology.

Each BNPL product is awarded points for its comparative pricing and for the array of features available to customers throughout their journey. The features include suitability assessment measures (such as credit checks), retailer availability, account management (e.g. access to digital wallets and flexibility of repayments) and customer support and hardship options (e.g. a call centre, online chat and options for those experiencing financial hardship).

Eligible products are assessed across two profiles: Small Purchases (up to $2,000) which accounts for 70% of the total score, and Major Purchases (above $2,000) which makes up the other 30%.

Canstar Research noted the range of retailers offering Openpay has expanded this year, as our brand continues to grow. Additionally, Canstar Research found that we have continued to improve our fee structure, notably offering larger payment plans for less than the cost of other services.

Our CEO, Dion Appel, shared his thoughts on the win:

“This Outstanding Value Award from Canstar is of the highest regard, representing credible industry acknowledgement. It is clear our transparent pricing and flexible product is being recognised. Big thanks to the Openpay team who work tirelessly to support all our customers and merchants.”

Thank you to Canstar for recognising Openpay’s continued commitment to providing excellent value for our customers.

Join our merchants

Join hundreds of places now offering their
customers the chance to pay smarter.